Monday, January 16, 2012

New Year, New Color: Welcome Pantone's 17-1463 Tangerine Tango

 
Here is 17-463 Tangerine Tango, Pantone's Color of the Year for 2012! What do you think?! I will admit that I didn't think I was ready to obsess with orange/tangerine again so soon (remember when everything was orange everywhere a couple of years ago, often times used along with a chartreuse/lime green?) and I don't love the name (sorry! Perhaps they could have referenced something else in nature that is that color and isn't citrus;) but despite my initial reaction this lovely color is really growing on me! I think it will look lovely with muted grays, taupes and mints or blues for fashion and interiors. I will continue to explore more of Pantone's color selections with you this Spring but for now, here is Tangerine Tango! Will you be incorporating it in your wardrobe or decor this year? Were/are you kind of over "tangerine" too? If so, do you think a different point of reference/name or pairing it with more muted tones will make tangerine seem new again? What would you have called/named this color? Please comment, I'd love to know your thoughts! xo

 looks and images of Spring 2012 fashion trends via Marie Claire

 Frédéric Fekkai's living room designed by Robert Couturier (look at those Milo Baughman chairs! swoon!) via Elle Decor

lovely photo and Needled Paths Sweater Skirt via Anthropologie

 Rain Boots via Gap

photo by Youngna Park

images via The Ritzy Bee Blog found on pinterest

 photo via Trendy Traveler
Pantone Tangerine 17-1463



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...