Due to the blizzards and snow storms up north our planned trip to New York, a day trip to Philadelphia and our New Years plans with great friends in Maryland have all been cancelled:( We were so looking forward to this trip. I had printed out Design Sponge's Brooklyn City Guide and we had planned to have breakfast in Brooklyn and spend the day exploring all the cool neighborhoods, etc. We had planned to end the year inspired after hours spent visiting museums, wandering the city, taking photos, and enjoying great meals and spending time with friends... but here we are at home, a forced staycation (things could be much worse, I know;). So I'm trying to make some plans, end the year on a high note despite our plans changing.
1. I'd like to take on this DIY Gold and Silver Leaf Champagne Glasses project
2. Get a haircut
3. Bake and decorate cupcakes for our friends' Mad Hatter themed New Year's Party, thinking maybe the cupcake version of this cake with cool Mad Hatter inspired decor.
4. Clean, organize and declutter the whole apartment.
5. Watch this, this, and this
6. Come up with some nice, feasible New Year's Resolutions. So far I know I'm going to make this challenge one of my resolutions, are any of you in?!
7. Start reading this and this
8. Go here and possibly here (not our top pick but we really want to get out of town!)
9. Take my new bicycle for a spin!
10. Enjoy the time off!!!
What are your plans for the last week of the year, any exciting New Years Eve plans? What is/are your new years resolution(s)?
Follow my blog with bloglovin