photo by me:)Did you know that April 21st, 2011 (or the third Thursday of every April) is National High Five Day?! It's a cool idea and a great cause, check them out here if you have a couple of bucks to spare:)
On Sunday we celebrated our one year wedding anniversary! We had a lovely brunch at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink in the Miami Design District, it was AMAZING!! The servings are tiny which is great because we got to try so many of the selections! We had their homemade pop-tarts, the homemade doughnuts, the lemon ricotta pancakes with blueberry compote, the spanish tortilla, the fried egg sandwich on homemade rosemary crumpet, and the fingerling potatoes and sipped on the local strawberry-basil caipirinha followed by their delicious coffee! You absolutely must go, it's sooo good!! Since paper is the traditional thing to gift on one's one year wedding anniversary, I wrapped all my "paper" gifts in newspaper and my wonderful husband gave me a personalized book from LoveBook, normally this kind of thing might seem sappy but it was soooo funny! It was a great first wedding anniversary, here's to many many more!! So this week...
1. We had a lovely time with friends that are in town visiting! It was so great to get together for dinner with a bunch of friends on a week night!
2. I am soooo excited I will get to see the Festival of Ideas for the New City!!!
3. Am thinking of making this cake for a get-together with friends tomorrow night! Am hoping I'll have enough time to whip it up after work.
4. Am getting excited about our Easter Sunday plans with the family! We're having brunch at my brother's house. I think I'll make this delicious Champagne Punch! Doesn't it sound so refreshing?! We plan on decorating eggs with my niece and nephew! I'm excited about decorating eggs, I haven't done it since I was a kid and think these are so adorable:) And how cool is this idea for Peep S'mores I found on Poppytalk?!
5. Am in dire need of adding healthy delicious recipes to my repertoire. The older I get the more picky I get about healthy foods:( Have you any great, healthy, low-carb recipes you'd like to share?
Hope you have an absolutely lovely weekend!! xo