Thursday, April 7, 2011

This Week: Spring Cleaning and Flowers Just Because

Hydrangeas from my love, photo by me:)

Aren't my flowers beautiful?! I was so happy to come home from a long day of work to find these beautiful Hydrangeas in the kitchen. Flowers just because are the best, aren't they?! So I started (a little bit of) my Spring cleaning today! I grew up in an always impeccable household and I don't know how my mother did it! Aside from regular cleaning, today, I cleaned the top of our upper kitchen cabinets and washed all of the cake stands, trifle bowls, vases, pitchers, etc. that we keep up there, next up is my closet space! I have a serious magazine problem. I have such a hard time throwing them out and they just accumulate and become impossible to store properly. They are so pretty and shiny so I justified keeping them last year and went the magazine holder route and now all of my shelves are full of magazine holders, where do I put the rest? How long do you wait before you throw them out? I have referred to old magazines so many times, I'm afraid I'll want to see/read something in one and then realize I've tossed it. Do you ever regret throwing them out? How do you decide which ones stay and which ones go? So this week...

1. I ordered a copy of Tina Fey's new book Bossy Pants!! I cannot wait til it arrives!! 
2. Am dieting so I have been fantasizing about all kinds of naughty food like cakes, Big Macs and pancakes. As soon as I take a little break, I'm going to make pancakes with this delicious-sounding/looking Easy Cinnamon Apple topping recipe by Midtown Mama and this Apple Pear Cobbler recipe by Annette Joseph!
3. Have ordered two lovely gifts for my upcoming 1 year wedding anniversary but am still trying to come up with a few more paper surprises. Any suggestions?
4. So as I mentioned here, I think I want to try to make French Macaroons. So I was so excited to come across this recipe by chef Daniel Boulud, the chef whose restaurant I raved about here.
5. I would love it if you followed Lilly Pond(ering) Blog and/or "liked" Lilly Pond(ering) Blog on Facebook!
Have a lovely Spring weekend!! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...