Thursday, February 3, 2011

This Week: L-O-V-E


(photo of my husband and me by my husband and me, see no. 10)

The weekend is almost here!!! We started the week off with a lovely Sunday dinner at our friends' house, where we enjoyed the most amazing short ribs, mashed potatoes and chard ever, followed by some relaxing by the firepit. Since then it's been busy, but that is a good thing, so I won't complain:) So far, February is looking good! As I mentioned in my previous post, I am putting together several Valentine's Day Gift Guides and after spending time working on them I am sooo in the Valentine's Day spirit! I want to bake things, make things, buy things, plan things though I doubt I will get to all of them. Are any of you getting excited about Valentine's Day too? What are your plans? Since it falls on a Monday...let's hope my enthusiasm makes it through to the evening of February 14th! Hope your weekends are wonderful:) So this week...

1. I am hoping to be able to attend another Symphony Wallcast concert at the Miami Beach Soundscape! We attended last Friday and it was so wonderful! Next time, we hope to pack a picnic and go with friends:)
2. I met a new client who collects bugs (dead ones)! And wants me to use them to develop the color palette, etc., isn't that cool?!
3. Caught a rerun of Martha Stewart's show and watched  Chef Shea Gallante of Ciano make Burrata with Broccoli Rabe Pesto and Fig-Onion jam and Lobster Mushroom Ragu with Celery Root Puree...needless to say I was drooling! Perhaps a home-cooked gourmet meal is not a bad idea for Valentine's Day. Please let me know if you try out these recipes!
4. I fell in love with this alphabet I saw on Bloesem by designer Nathalie Nahas! Perfect for a nursery or my living room:)
5. Speaking of nurseries, this photo (via pinterest via No Worries) makes me even more exited about having children some day!! Aren't they adorable?!
6. Mondo Beyondo has a Winter Dream Lab going on. I signed up for Dream Lab last summer and though I didn't totally love it (am cynical and did not fully participate except reading the daily emails) it is definitely a positive place to "go" if you're seeking positivity and inspiration.
7. Am not very crafty but would love to plan a lovely Crafternoon Party
8. Speaking of valentines, how cute/cool are these cards?
9. Trying to decide on what I'll be baking for Valentine's Day, there are sooo many options!
10. Entered the photo above in a contest! You can vote for our photo (no pressure:) by "liking" Trendy Workshop on Facebook and then "liking" our photo in the Concours St. Valentin album. Oh and while you're on Facebook, please "like" Lilly Pond(ering) Blog too (if you haven't already)!

1 comment:

  1. whoohoo..I am finally a follower..I like this very much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...