Saturday, July 9, 2011

This week: Literary expatriates and preparing for Bastille Day

  photo by me
I finished reading The Great Gatsby and even watched the movie (the 1974 Robert Redford version)! It was an enjoyable re-read and I had never seen the movie which was great except for the cheesy twinkle effects everywhere (I mean actual stars in people's eyes ha!). Both left me wishing for fabulous summer parties and wishing that I could buy an entire fancy wardrobe for summer has gotten a lot more casual since the 1920's. Bastille Day or La Fête Nationale is coming up on July 14th! In the spirit of missing France (soooo much), and having a summer reading list that consists of books either by or about some of the Literary Expatriates in Paris in the 1920's I think I want to learn how to make a Croque Monsieur! Here's a video cooking lesson by French food blogger Kerry Saretsky! Daily Candy sent it out this week along with a link to her wonderful site, you must check it out here! I also want to make Pink Provençal Sangria! So this week...


1. Madewell opened up nearby!! If you're in Miami you can visit the new store on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach! Here is the address and a map.
2. We are in love with Bernie's LA Cafe! It's not new but for some reason or other we just got around to trying it last week and have already visited 3 times! It's Chef Bernie Matz (of Books & Books) restaurant. The menu is healthy fare with some cuban twists, soooo tasty! 
3. Check out the new fiat
4. Last night at dinner I was complaining that I never got to go away to summer camp as a kid and had never been to the Hamptons. My sister insisted that there is no way I can pass for 16 so summer camp was out of the question and then I came across this article about  Ruschmeyer's in Montauk NY not really camp and not really the Hamptons but pretty close!! I want to go!! Did any of you get to go away to summer camp as kids? Was it as wonderful as I've always imagined?
5. The Design Sponge Book, Design Sponge at Home is available for pre-order!  Grace is not stopping by Miami for her book tour but you can check if your city is on the list here as well. Congratulations to Grace and Design Sponge!! 


Hope you have the BEST weekend!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...