photo and fun table via Surface Workshop (see no.1 below)
And just like that we are in March! Where does the time go?! And we keep getting closer and closer to Spring! Yay!! There are all types of fun cultural and foodie events going on in Miami/Miami Beach lately. This past weekend the 10th South Beach Food & Wine Festival took place, were any of you lucky enough to go? And Miami foodies are all very excited about the huge Food Truck movement going on right now! About 30 gourmet food trucks gather to create a little food fest of sorts with plenty of yummies to choose from. There seems to be a Miami Food Truck meet-up somewhere in the city at any given time, go here for Food Truck meet-up locations. Have any of you been? I have not, but will very very soon:) Aside from foodie events, free cultural events are finally gracing us with their presence around here and we are so excited about it! From the occasional free play and free Symphony Wallcasts to free Operas in the park! It is all very exciting and I hope that fellow Miami/Miami Beach residents are able to partake in the fun:) Enjoy your weekends, I hope you will find time to play outside and indulge in delicious food! So this week...
1. Speaking of the South Beach Food & Wine Festival, my friends at Surface Workshop fabricated the table in the photo above for Botran Rum's exhibit at the Whole Foods Tasting Village during the South Beach Food & Wine Festival! The table, designed by Treskoi PR for Botran Rum was fabricated by Surface Workshop, the top is made with a 1/8" thick plexi that was printed on the back with images and then layered over unfinished planks of white wood. Isn't it cool?!
2. I am very excited about the New World Symphony Wallcast this Saturday at the new Miami Beach Soundscape, see the schedule for Wallcasts here.
3. Found a recipe to try with one of my new favorite ingredients, goat cheese! Fabulous photo stylist and blogger Annette Joseph shared her recipe for a Spinach Goat Cheese Frittata, it looks and sounds delicious, doesn't it?!!
4. My friend, Raul from Redroots-Local Goodness was on the radio again! Visit the Redroots-Local Goodness facebook page for a link to the latest show! It's all about BBQ...you'll be drooling, and wanting to perfect your bbq technique, it all sounds so good!
5. Another blogger shared a recipe that I want to try! Cupcakes and Cashmere's Emily shared her recipe for a Prosciutto and Brie Sandwich with Fig Jam and Spicy Greens, might be what I'll be making for our Wallcast picnic.
6. The Florida Grand Opera's free annual Opera in the Park Concert is taking place at the Bass Museum's new courtyard at Collins Park this Sunday, read more about it here.
7. Am dying to make these oven-baked apple doughnuts (recipe from Chocolate Shavings found on pinterest)!!
8. How cool is this mini pie maker from Williams-Sonoma?! I wish I had more storage space in my kitchen for cool, rarely used kitchen appliances like this:( Do any of you have this?
9. This recipe for a Grapefruit Margarita from the LA Times (found on pinterest) sounds soooo refreshing!
10. And how heavenly does this recipe from Sprinkle Bakes for Honeyed Pears in Puff Pastry sound?!